Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Hesitation upon light acceleration/ engine play?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hesitation upon light acceleration/ engine play?

I want to start off by saying Hi to everyone, i have been a lurker for a while now.

first im going to describe my truck. I have a 2010 f150 stx, 4.6l v8 2v. 1 Owner, this truck has never been wrecked, clean carfax. I bought the truck 3 weeks ago from a man that got disabled. (it sat up for a while...) It has 24000 miles on it. tires are dry rotting and i will be replaceing them this weekend. I have changed the oil, air filter, and cleaned the MAF sensor, and ran a bottle of gumout in 2 tank fillups, changed brakes and rotors so far... So now thats said. I will let you know about the problem im expeirencing.

No check engine light. Initially the problem was pretty noticiable, now i guess i would say its a "little" better but now really...

When i slightly hit the gas from a complete stop, i will get an initial hesitation for like a second and a half then after that truck runs normal, it shifts right and full throttle has alot of power. Now, if i step on the gas from a complete stop, there is no hesitation at all, its only when a lightly touch gas pedal from a red light etc.

The other problem that i find going on is when I come to a complete stop, RIGHT after the vehicle itself stops, there is a an engine shake, not a rough engine shake but its almost like the engine or something under the truck moves for a second, feels like its under my feet. The steering wheel does not move. Im trying to describe it as best as i can, It feels like something has play in it for a second or 2 right after my vehicle is completely stopped. I had the engine mounts checked... They are good.

Also the truck idles at 550 rpms and when i come to a hard stop, it dips about 100 below that, wasnt sure if thats normal or not, just mentioning it.

Thats my 2 problems im having if you guys have any questions or need more info or if i can explain it better please let me know. Thanks for taking the time to read this, ive learned alot on this site already.

Last edited by eric9999; 09-09-2014 at 01:02 AM.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update, went to oreillys autoparts and they tested battery and they said it was bad..., dont have money for battery right this minute, but can a bad battery create these kinds of symptoms? I have no problems starting engine, it starts right up.

Quick Reply: Hesitation upon light acceleration/ engine play?