Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Help with Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Keyless Entry

My daughter's truck (2007 FX4 Supercrew) has keyless entry problems.

I got an extra remote for the spare keys and did the programming thing with it. Everything seemed fine, (doors locked on the 8th cycle) but it would not accept the new alarm fob. 4 days later, the fob that was working stopped, and later that day the keyless entry pad on the driver's door stopped working. Pushing the two right buttons will still lock the truck, but pushing in the code will not unlock it.

Any ideas?

Saleen9165
Old 09-04-2015, 03:28 PM
Senior

Received 119 Likes on 112 Posts

Have you changed the battery in the original fob? as far as the keyless entry that could be anything from a loose connection to bad unit to dirty contacts...
Old 09-05-2015, 07:33 AM

Received 97 Likes on 96 Posts

Default Help with Keyless Entry

Originally Posted by GhostriderI
Have you changed the battery in the original fob? as far as the keyless entry that could be anything from a loose connection to bad unit to dirty contacts...
Or the personal code was erased.
Have you tried the factory code?
Old 09-06-2015, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the door code started working again. Key fobs don't, but I intended to put an alarm on the truck anyway, so that issue is fixed. We'll just have to see if the door code stops working again because if it does I think it has to be a connection somewhere in the door.

Saleen9165
Old 09-07-2015, 10:57 AM
Senior

Received 119 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Saleen9165
Well, the door code started working again. Key fobs don't, but I intended to put an alarm on the truck anyway, so that issue is fixed. We'll just have to see if the door code stops working again because if it does I think it has to be a connection somewhere in the door.

Saleen9165
Glad to hear part of the system is working again Hope the upgrade to the system with alarm fixes the rest. Please keep us posted

Quick Reply: Help with Keyless Entry