Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Help. Engine misfire?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 08:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help. Engine misfire?

Hey everyone.

I have an 06 F150 5.4L XLT 4x4

Today I was on my way to work, and when I got onto the highway I needed to accelerate a lot to merge on otherwise I would have had to Stop on the entrance ramp. As I was accelerating, My engine light started flashing for about 10 minutes. I felt all the way to work a bumpy ride when i was accelerating. When I got to work, I turned my car off, then tried to start it up again. It had a hard time, at one cylinder to finish off the start. The light is no longer on, so I dont know what the code would be.

Would this be the Coil or the Plug? Is there any way to find out what code was flashing?
Old 06-16-2009, 10:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

turns out that there were 4 engine misfires. 2 are constantly misfiring. Now i have to go through the torture of waiting for a bill with how much it will be to replace all 8 plugs...

Turns out that they break because a part of the plug is surrounded by the cover, and there is carbon build up around the sides of it and it acts like glue. Just did a carbon cleaning solution to get rid of as much carbon as possible. taking the truck to the dealer on monday to have them replaced. Hopefully none break break off. Not having the greatest week. $700 brake job, now the least of $500 to replace plugs...

Quick Reply: Help. Engine misfire?