Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Help with air/heat.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with air/heat.

I have a 2001 F-150 that I'm having a bit of trouble with the heat and air in general.

The problem is not getting any heat, just ambient air thru the panel, or any other position.
So I first thought after researching this it might be the air blender.
That just controls temperature I'm told.
The A/C is working and i can adjust the temps on that, all the way from blue, super cold, to red, ~ambient~.

I've checked the hoses running to the heater core, both are warm/hot after the run home from work today.( its 40 deg here today.)
Radiator fluid is full. Don think the thermostat is stuck.

BTW, first post.

Thanks for any replies.

Raggs
Old 11-16-2014, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raggs
I have a 2001 F-150 that I'm having a bit of trouble with the heat and air in general.

The problem is not getting any heat, just ambient air thru the panel, or any other position.
So I first thought after researching this it might be the air blender.
That just controls temperature I'm told.
The A/C is working and i can adjust the temps on that, all the way from blue, super cold, to red, ~ambient~.

I've checked the hoses running to the heater core, both are warm/hot after the run home from work today.( its 40 deg here today.)
Radiator fluid is full. Don think the thermostat is stuck.

BTW, first post.

Thanks for any replies.

Raggs
I had the exact same issue with my 99. It would NOT blow hot air. A/C worked fine, and I could control the position of the airflow. I was about to start tearing into my dash to replace the blendor and heater core, but I decided to try replacing the actual HVAC control unit in the dash. I spent $12 on a u-pull-it part from a wrecking yard and it fixed my issue! I'd try that first and see what happens.