Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Heater core leaking again!!!!

Old 05-07-2014, 02:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heater core leaking again!!!!

Ive got a 1998 F150, about 6 months ago i had to have the heater core replaced. I have had NO problems from it until today. I had to get my spark plugs changed and about half way through him doing them i started smelling fish again. About 30 minutes after leaving the shop it started leaking in the floor board. I must mention before i got the heater core changed the first time it WAS NOT leaking. I just took it back by the shop that did my spark plugs and he said it didnt do anything. What could be causing this? Is there a possibility he unhooked a hose somewhere not realizing it? Please somebody help, i cant afford to have the heater core replaced again!! Is there something i can do to stop the leak, IT STINKS!!!!
Old 05-07-2014, 03:16 PM

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by JESIKAH
Ive got a 1998 F150, about 6 months ago i had to have the heater core replaced. I have had NO problems from it until today. I had to get my spark plugs changed and about half way through him doing them i started smelling fish again. About 30 minutes after leaving the shop it started leaking in the floor board. I must mention before i got the heater core changed the first time it WAS NOT leaking. I just took it back by the shop that did my spark plugs and he said it didnt do anything. What could be causing this? Is there a possibility he unhooked a hose somewhere not realizing it? Please somebody help, i cant afford to have the heater core replaced again!! Is there something i can do to stop the leak, IT STINKS!!!!
Some parts carry a 1 year warranty, I'd be looking for that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heater core leaking again!!!!