Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Heater/AC fan quit working

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater/AC fan quit working

I have an '03 F150 with a 4.6l V6. Yesterday, I removed the battery connectors to clean the posts and terminals. Reconnected the battery, did what the owner's manual said as far as letting the computer "relearn" its idle settings and everything works fine except for the heater fan.

The heater fan was working in all positions (1-4) until I disconnected and reconnected the battery. Now it won't work in any position (1-4) I can't find a blown fuse and I can't see why a working fan would just quit because the battery was disconnected. I can hear noise when I change the climate control (panel, panel/floor, defrost, etc...) and the AC compressor will kick on and off.

I've read a few places where they say to disconnect the battery again to clear the computer memory and reconnect it. I think I've seen about as many "this should fix the problem" responses as I have "that won't help" responses.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:15 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Can't understand the relationship either, I see two fuses in my 02 diagram, a 10 amp for the blower relay and a 40 amp to actually feed the motor circuit.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it was a fuse. 10 amp labeled "Function Control" in the owner's manual. Guess next time I will have to check them all because the labeling for the fuses is confusing at best.

Thanks to Good Ol' Bill and everyone who had a look.

Quick Reply: Heater/AC fan quit working