Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Headlights wont turn off.Blowing dash and tail light fuse

Old 02-03-2011, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlights wont turn off.Blowing dash and tail light fuse

Hello to everyone. I have a 1999 f150 Lariat 4x4 with no mods. Other morning I was driving and I lost my instrument cluster and tail lights. I pull over to check it and I cannot turn my headlights off. I disconnected the battery to turn them off. The #6 fuse under the hood blew. I installed and blew 6 new 15 amp fuses. Most of the time they would blow as soon as I turned on the lights. 2 of them lasted a couple of minutes before they blew. I purchased and installed a new headlight switch and it is still blowing fuse #6 under the hood and when the fuse blows I dont have tail lights or cluster lights and I cannot turn off my headlights. I have searched other threads on here and it seems to be a repeated subject but I am hoping someone can help me out. It does have auto lamps and the dimmer built on the switch
Old 03-01-2020, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Drfish
Hello to everyone. I have a 1999 f150 Lariat 4x4 with no mods. Other morning I was driving and I lost my instrument cluster and tail lights. I pull over to check it and I cannot turn my headlights off. I disconnected the battery to turn them off. The #6 fuse under the hood blew. I installed and blew 6 new 15 amp fuses. Most of the time they would blow as soon as I turned on the lights. 2 of them lasted a couple of minutes before they blew. I purchased and installed a new headlight switch and it is still blowing fuse #6 under the hood and when the fuse blows I dont have tail lights or cluster lights and I cannot turn off my headlights. I have searched other threads on here and it seems to be a repeated subject but I am hoping someone can help me out. It does have auto lamps and the dimmer built on the switch
Man this is an old post but no one helped you? This is exactly my issue and I guess I will not go buy a headlight switch! If by any chance you see this then I could use some guidance my email is todd@newyorkplantings.com I'll be out in the driveway!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headlights wont turn off.Blowing dash and tail light fuse