Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Hazards / Turn Signals stopped working..

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hazards / Turn Signals stopped working..

Hey all,

I have a 1997 F-150 XLT 2WD.

So my hazards and turn signals stopped working recently. First it was just the turn signals and the hazards worked, then after a bit they both stopped.

Brake lights, wipers, high beams all work.

I checked what fuses I thought were associated with them but after a bunch of google research I'm not 100% sure I know all of the fuses to check. I checked the obvious ones in the fusebox and didn't see anything blown.

So I replaced the relay (blue one) that is under the steering column on the right side, where the blower fuse /relay thing is. No go.

I read that the MFS is sometimes the culprit, so I swapped it out with a new one. No go.

At this point I have no idea what to check next. I don't have a voltage meter to check continuity but I think it's really odd that everything else connected to the new MFS works (high beams, wipers) but just the hazards and turn signals don't.

Is there a fuse that is just associated to hazards and turn signals that I'm missing?

I'm at my wits end with this truck - I've had so many problems with the electrics (replaced the GEM even for unrelated issues) that I'm just about ready to take it to the scarp yard!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-21-2014, 06:32 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

I only see 2 fuses in the power distribution box (under the hood) for that circuit. Here's a diagram to aid in your trouble shooting.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the diagram. I looked at the manual and I can't find any fuse location in the Power Distributor Box that would connect to the hazards / turn signals. I'm not sure how to read your diagram to located which number fuse it is in the PDB. Do you know which one it is?
Old 11-21-2014, 07:43 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by WickedShibari
Thanks for the diagram. I looked at the manual and I can't find any fuse location in the Power Distributor Box that would connect to the hazards / turn signals. I'm not sure how to read your diagram to located which number fuse it is in the PDB. Do you know which one it is?
Get a cheap 12v test light from Walmart or any auto parts store and check all fuses.

Looking at the diagram it's showing fuse 1 and 23 being tied to the affected circuit.

Quick Reply: Hazards / Turn Signals stopped working..