Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

The gremlins are coming out to play..need help

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The gremlins are coming out to play..need help

A few weeks ago i had my drivers side lower ball joint sheer off on me on my 200 f-150 off road. So i decided last weekend (sat.) to replace the other one on the passanger side, then when i get the chance both of the uppers. Well sat. I got the old one out and got the new one in, and if any of you have done this you know you have to take appart everything ( tire rod, upper ball joint, bottom of the shock, brakes,a nd wheel alssembly off the axle) well got them switch out and anverything hooked back up, however now i have a really load squacking sound comming from that area. It sounds like the wheel ***. Or the cv joints. Any idea what i did or how to fix it, i've allready sprayed the heck outta everything with silicone lube. It jsut squaks in one spot as the tire rotates, and when it starts into it if the wheel is free floating around it's enough to slow and stop the wheel. Also i have a slight road vibration. Is it possible to over tighten the axle nut?thanks
Old 06-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Mark

Received 2,416 Likes on 2,117 Posts

Yes...u can over tighten the axel nut...theres a spicific torque for that nut.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doyou reckon it would cause that kind of noise? Also do you know the required torch. I put it back on with a 3/4" drive, 1 1/16" socket. I woundered it that was to much.

Quick Reply: The gremlins are coming out to play..need help