Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Got a tune-up now AC doesn't work

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 01:39 PM
Noob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got a tune-up now AC doesn't work

I am new to this forum so please don't be too harsh to me. I just got my 2011 F150 Lariat Ecoboost about 7 months ago and I absolutely love it.

I took it to the Ford Dealership for a check engine light about a month ago and ended up getting a full tune up. It has been running great since then, until a few days ago when I tried to use my AC and it will not blow cold. I live in Florida so I use my AC most of the year. It has always worked perfectly. I haven't had to use it for about a month because it is that time of year where the weather is perfect.

The truck is in LIKE NEW condition, and the only people who have been under my hood are the people who did the tune-up. Is there something they would've had to move or disconnect or change while doing my tune-up that would have caused my AC to not work?

It has been over a month, so I know if I go back to the dealership I will most likely get the "run around". Hoping for an easy fix that maybe someone here knows about or has had the same issue.

Thank you in advance, I appreciate any help you guys/gals can provide.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:13 PM
Advanced Member

Received 107 Likes on 98 Posts

Take it back to the dealer, tell them what happened. Go talk to the manager or someone higher such a someone at Ford's headquarters if the dealer declines responsibility.

I don't know how to expect someone to diagnose it without the vehicle being at their possession.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:47 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Don't assume that the dealer won't help. I, too, hate the "ever since you" scenario but they were under your hood and should be at least willing to take a look and see what's going on. Your case is a little shaky because a month has passed and, realistically, anything could have taken place. There is no reason to disconnect any A/C lines to do the tune up but something could have been disturbed or an electrical connector to the compressor, etc not re-connected. It may have been nothing they did, but bring up the subject to them and ask them to take a look. They should be willing to at least do that for you. Let me know how it goes.

Quick Reply: Got a tune-up now AC doesn't work