Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Is this going to happen again, &what could be the problem?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this going to happen again, &what could be the problem?

I drive a ford f150 1998 and I love the truck but man does it have its share of problems. When I finally thought everything was good, I was at a stop sign today and when I went to press the gas my truck wouldn't go.. music & lights where on but the gauge's were down. Put the truck in park turn the key to off and started it up just fine.

Will this happen again?
What could be the problem?

I've only had the truck for about a year now, my first vehicle and sadly it seems to have been nothing but trouble.
Along with many other small things that were fixed and replaced, I've gotten a new alternator, spark plugs, battery, there was a part that is in the dash board that kept running even when the truck was off and it was killing the battery that was replaced, cant remember the name. . .
This just makes me nervous because I really don't want it to do this again, I'm happy that this time it did it, I was on quiet back road.
Thanks for any help!
Old 08-22-2011, 05:05 PM

you can try checking the coil or the ignition control modualethese can cause it to cut off
Old 08-22-2011, 08:23 PM

go to you local auto parts house and have them pull codes, then return with the codes to the forum so we can help further... throwing parts and money at it wont help any

Quick Reply: Is this going to happen again, &what could be the problem?