Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Fuse #31 BOO-IP / BOO-Engine

Old 02-19-2017, 02:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuse #31 BOO-IP / BOO-Engine

On a 2011 f150 xlt ecoboost what exactly is this fuse for? I been having some bizarre electrical issues with my brake pedal and pulling this fuse seems to fix them with no apparent effects.

I posted my issues in another thread but in short whenever I press the brake pedal with no keys in the ignition, my truck acts like it goes into accessory mode. When I actually start the truck the brake lights are constantly on. My truck come out of park freely and also cruise doesn't work. Seems to me it thinks the brake is always on.

I tried replacing the brake switch to no success. Checked all the fuses and verified they were not blown. Forscan shows error code c0040: brake pedal switch A, short circuit to battery. I looked for bare wires that could be causing a short and didn't find any.

I will run another scan with forscan in the morning to see if the short is still there but for now I am just curious what fuse 31 does and if I would have any ill effects not running it. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:12 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

To me it sounds like a shorted ground wire. Open or shorted ground wires can cause some crazy things to happen.

Search this Thread