Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Fuel Injector Recall

Old 05-05-2014, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Injector Recall

Hello all new here, I've got a 05 F150 5.4 Triton. Bought the truck usedlast September had about 130,000 on it. Started to notice a misfire at about45-50 mph, replaced all plugs with Auto-lite....big mistake by the way don’tever use auto light in your ford truck (yes I learned the hard way). Truck rangreat for about a week or so then started throwing codes and misfiring muchworse, came back with plugs 1 & 3 failing along with a bad fuel injector.Went ahead and replaced all plugs to motorcraft and the one injector. It’s beenabout a week since that was fixed, then this morning I was driving to work andthe thing started to shake at about 55 mph, you let off the gas and it'd befine under 55mph. Took it back to the shop, came back with bad coil pack andanother bad fuel injector, so I am now replacing the remaining 7 injectorsalong with 1 coil pack. I've read about the recall on injectors but am over themileage has anyone else had any luck with Ford working with you even thoughbeing out of the warranty range? It’s a pricy job and I'm happy to pay if it'llmake the truck run better, but if by any chance I could get it covered........

The person who owned it prior didn’t do any maintenance to the trucktherefore 145,000 later the maint is now being done. Thanks all!
Old 05-05-2014, 07:19 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by idahormp

Hello all new here, I've got a 05 F150 5.4 Triton. Bought the truck usedlast September had about 130,000 on it. Started to notice a misfire at about45-50 mph, replaced all plugs with Auto-lite....big mistake by the way don’tever use auto light in your ford truck (yes I learned the hard way). Truck rangreat for about a week or so then started throwing codes and misfiring muchworse, came back with plugs 1 & 3 failing along with a bad fuel injector.Went ahead and replaced all plugs to motorcraft and the one injector. It’s beenabout a week since that was fixed, then this morning I was driving to work andthe thing started to shake at about 55 mph, you let off the gas and it'd befine under 55mph. Took it back to the shop, came back with bad coil pack andanother bad fuel injector, so I am now replacing the remaining 7 injectorsalong with 1 coil pack. I've read about the recall on injectors but am over themileage has anyone else had any luck with Ford working with you even thoughbeing out of the warranty range? It’s a pricy job and I'm happy to pay if it'llmake the truck run better, but if by any chance I could get it covered........

The person who owned it prior didn’t do any maintenance to the trucktherefore 145,000 later the maint is now being done. Thanks all!
Not a chance with that kind of mileage, mechanical parts wear out and it sounds like yours have. Would be nice if our trucks carried an unlimited life time warranty but then they would cost more than a Lamborghini.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel Injector Recall