Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Front end starting to seem loose/worn - At 90k miles, what should be replaced?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end starting to seem loose/worn - At 90k miles, what should be replaced?

Noticed as of late that the steering feels alot looser and more of a pain to keep straight on the road than it has been in the past. My truck is stock except for a 2.5" level kit. 2004 FX4 with 90,000 miles on it. I have new nitto tires, my shocks are originals, and was thinking of replacing those. What kind of front end maintenence have you all had done on your trucks if any? Also, someone mentioned putting adjustable height Bilsteins on in place of the leveling kit, any of you done this? what do you think of the way it turned out? also, if you have part numbers for the bilsteins that would be great too
Old 08-30-2010, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm doing the ball joints and u-joints on my truck shortly.
I don't know if ford has greasable fittings on the newer ones, (they don't on mine) but my replacement ball joints i am making sure are.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Goombah Stomper

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I read somewhere that you cant replace the upper ball joints on the 04-08 f150s, that you have to replace the entire upper control arm. i replaced mine with total chaos fabrication UCAs since they have the 1 inch uni-ball

Quick Reply: Front end starting to seem loose/worn - At 90k miles, what should be replaced?