Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Front end problems

Old 03-08-2013, 05:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end problems

I have a 2007 Lincoln Mark LT which is basically a F-150 with Lincoln badging.
My truck was pulling to the right so I took it in for a alignment. Still did the same thing. Took it to a different shop and was told again that it was in perfect alignment, but still pulls.
Tires have just 10k miles on them and are correctly inflated.
Any ideas as to why it still pulls to the right?
Old 03-08-2013, 06:10 AM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by lincolnator
I have a 2007 Lincoln Mark LT which is basically a F-150 with Lincoln badging.
My truck was pulling to the right so I took it in for a alignment. Still did the same thing. Took it to a different shop and was told again that it was in perfect alignment, but still pulls.
Tires have just 10k miles on them and are correctly inflated.
Any ideas as to why it still pulls to the right?

1. Sad to say you can't hardly trust any shop today.

2. Check your tire pressures and make sure they are all the same

3. What is the before and after alignment specs. The shops should give you that paper

4. Is it a pull or is your steering wheel off center which is not a pull?
If the wheel is just off center you HAVE to tell them it tracks straight unless you put the wheel in the center on a straight flat rough then it goes either right or left.

My new 2013 had the wheel off center to the right just a hair. I am very sensitive to it and had my dealer twice try to correct it. The 2nd time I thought it was good to go but it was not. I took it to a shop I have used before and like and they said the alignment was out (camber and toe) and the before/after printout shows it.

Most likely my dealer tried to accommodate me by trying to get the steering wheel straight but messed up the alignment to a point where tire excessive wearing was going to happen.

Keep us posted on your alignment issue.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front end problems