Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

front driver side jerking on 93 f150 2wd 4.9l

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front driver side jerking on 93 f150 2wd 4.9l

i have a 93 f150 2wd 4.9l 5spd and i have a nasty jerk..almost a slapping like sound as if the driver side axle was moving back and forth as i brake....BUT this is not constantly occuring everytime i brake only spontaneously...at high or low speeds....at high speeds the jerking is worse as it moves my whole frame from the stress and i can hear a low tink when driving 70 or 80mph right in the frame..at low speeds when i press and release the brakes i heard a movement in the driverside axle again....here what i have replaced.....radius arm bushings(MOOGpolyuthrene), outer tie rods...the ball joint seem fine as the dont have any slack and i dont have any tire wear on the side....i cut the rotors and repacked my bearings ...which had slight worpping but still didnt fix anything....the only thing that hasnt been replaced are the pivot bushings which moved very little as i wedged a prybar to test for movement, balljoints(which seem sturdy) and inner draglinks.....im aiming at the bushings, or ball joints ?...if any one can help me out to pin point the problem please do cause this is my daily driver to school and work as i am a college student and really need to get this fixed?..also the jerking occured before i changed the radius arm bushings...telling me them problem is not related and the truck holds an alignment...tracks perfect on the freeway

Quick Reply: front driver side jerking on 93 f150 2wd 4.9l