Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

ford dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ford dealer

Haven't figured out how people can complain about dealership prices are to high to take there vehicle to so they go to autozone see the high school drop have them pull lean codes for example then they put 4 02 sensors in it then a fuel and air filter then 8 plugs and 8 coils then a fuel pump and still haven't fixed it and they have a ton of money in to it and then no choice to bring it to ford and find out its a 20 dollar vacuum leak and 100 dollars they are out the door......maybe ford wasn't so bad after all and at least u can so u have 600 dollars worth of aftermarket crap parts that probably don't work or at least wont by the end of the week..........I didn't think it up I didn't build it I didn't buy it and I didn't break it but I have to put up with morons who think its my fault .............ps im just sayin
Old 03-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Retired Aerospace

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Choices and Choices:

Unfortunately so many dealerships have such bad reputations and the labor charges are so high that folks are driven to the various autoparts dealers for advice and service. Sometimes they make out well; other times they get burned.....so take your choice of ashes.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:46 AM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm a senior master ford tech at a dealership and I try to get that through peoples heads all the time. There's a reason their parts are half the price, cause they're junk. There's a reason every time you go to a side shop you magically have bad calipers, because side shop tech get paid spiffs from distributors for each set of calipers and wheel cylinders they sell. 99% of the time we get the job done right, and the first time. And when something is wrong we get it fixed for free... It all comes around to you get what you pay for, if you buy a 5 dollar walmart wrench yeah it'll work ok most of the time, sometimes it'll screw the bolt up so bad you'll never get it out, but when you need a job done right, you look for a snap-on, costs more but there is a huge difference in quality..
Old 03-04-2011, 04:30 PM

Sr master here as well. Found this site finally figured out why customers come in with stupid off the wall ideas and argue that I have no clue what im talking about gotta luv it. Also the ones who bring in tsb's to have done on there vehicle it doesn't even pertain to lol... "I found it on the internet it has to be right" lol
Old 03-04-2011, 08:08 PM

I just got $400.00 in Motorcraft parts from Rock Auto. Stealership cost over $1000.00
Not all of us buy cheap *** parts, why should I pay more if I can do the work myself? This forum is a great resource; if you don't like.....
Old 03-05-2011, 01:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Auto parts stores are not geared to give any real useable advice. Most are just young inexperienced people who can only look up parts on a computer. Never ask them for advice unless you stumble upon one of the rare "old heads".

When it comes to repairing an automobile, there is no substitute for a fully experienced mechanic who has been through the wars and seen it all.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:06 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wouldn't mind taking my truck to The dealership but, they want $450.00 and an additional $50 for every plug they brake. I bought Motorcraft plugs 7.99 each same plug so that's 65.00 for plugs you telling me if everything goes fine just the labor is $385 nah I will take the chance change them my self and save $300 at least
Old 03-05-2011, 01:24 PM

were I live they want 150$$ canadian to change 8 plugs at the ford dealer that seems a little expensive
Old 03-05-2011, 02:32 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The lil neighbor hood shop wants 300 and 50 for what they break
Old 03-05-2011, 02:51 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

dik4, I get printed out tsbs constantly.. the best part is people think they're recalls and want them done free. And have fun doing your 5.4 3v tune up at home. You might get lucky, but about the time the third plug breaks off you'll be kicking yourself. I didn't say you should take your car to the dealer for every single thing, if you can do them at home you're much better off. And rockauto.com is the best thing ever.

Quick Reply: ford dealer