Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Fog coming out of my air vents possibly heater core leak

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post Fog coming out of my air vents possibly heater core leak

While driving my 98 4.6 f150, smoke or fog comes out of the air vents. It gets worse when I turn the heat on. Its coming from radiator fluid, i just dont know where at. I think it might be the heater core> After driving and the motor warms up radiator fluid leaks out of the passanger side of the car (where the ac/heat is at) and the reservoir drains out in a puddle on the driveway. Also, shortly after, the windows, and windsheild wippers stopped working. i Figure that to be a relay... then, when i take the keys out of the ignition the door ajar dinger beeps and the radio even plays! whith no keys in the ignition. If you can offer any help that would be great.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:18 PM

Question heater core

Im having the same problem with my heater core, but no electrical probs. I got a heater core at summit, ($50) but everywhere i go to get it installed wants at least $500 has anyone on this site ever changed one out, any tips or tricks to install it will be much appreciated. And how long did it take to change it out. -thanks, Bill-
Old 03-05-2007, 12:33 AM

hey i figured out the prob with the elec. water had been leaking from the base of the windshild onto my jewl cell... i had to replace the computer.. quite the hassel needless to say. it took a pretty long time to replace the core. if you dont have time get it done, it was just a process that just kept going. make sure you have all the right tools and be patient,. good luck!!

Quick Reply: Fog coming out of my air vents possibly heater core leak