Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Fan not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fan not working

Hi,

I have a 1999 F150 with 165,000 miles. The fan continues to stop blowing. The AC and heat works, but the fan stops. I have had this repaired twice now and it just happened again. I am told the resitor (?) keeps blowing, fuze issues. To be honest, I can't keep taking this back and paying $300 everytime the fan stops working! Is this something I can fix on my own (i.e. with a manual guiding me) or is it something that really needs a qualified mechanic to fix? When ever I pick the truck up after repairs they always hand me the old parts and it is two small objects. One is the resitor and the other I don't recall, but they both appear to just "plug in" to something. If thats the case then I think I can do that. Assuming I know where they go!!!

Can anyone guide me to an online reference book that might get me going in the right direction? Thank you so much for your time.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:03 AM

Received 212 Likes on 192 Posts

Something is wrong when a fuse blows and resistors fry.

Perhaps the motor is drawing too much - bound up, failed bearings, shorted windings, etc.? Or something is grounding out, such as a bare wire, uninsulated connector, or the like?
Old 10-02-2007, 02:33 AM
Beer Drinker

Received 65 Likes on 23 Posts

I agree. When you keep having the same reoccuring electrical problems there is a deeper problem involved.

Quick Reply: Fan not working