Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

EVAP line replacement help

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVAP line replacement help

My truck didn't pass smog (in California - oh brother!) Failed - Fuel Evaporative Controls. The lines are leaking and need to be replaced. My "mechanic" wants to replace all and said the lines are cheap. But, O'Reillys said it may need the dealer provided nylon lines. I need help! What goes on a 92 and where do I get it fast? Thank you
Old 03-14-2013, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have decided that most parts places and mechanics tell a woman anything they want because they think we wouldn't understand vehicles anyway.

I finally called the local Ford dealer and after he looked up the EVAP line replacement in THE BOOK, it read " purchase bulk fuel vapor lines from auto parts store and improvise". My local Napa store said bring a sample in so they could match it. The most expensive rubber lines is $6.00 a foot so worst case senario is still relatively inexpensive.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:15 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Evap lines are low pressure, use regular bulk rubber fuel hose, the only reason you may need the factory line(s) are for the connection ends.

Quick Reply: EVAP line replacement help