Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Engine troubles

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine troubles

I have a 1999 f150 xlt with a 5.4L triton. Ever since I hit 200k miles on it I've had nothing but problem after problem (which is a shame because its my baby lol) as of recent I had an engine coil problem, as I was going to the store to buy a new coil it stopped shaking like crazy. But whenever I accelerate it seems to be jerking now no matter what gear its in. If I'm able to keep a steady speed it jerks a little. Anyone have any idea on what the problem is? Thank you
Old 10-01-2015, 12:57 PM

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

Any check engine light? Last plug change? Have you cleaned your throttle body and MAF sensor?
Old 10-01-2015, 01:11 PM
Mark

Received 2,410 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Originally Posted by rackcrackrun
I have a 1999 f150 xlt with a 5.4L triton. Ever since I hit 200k miles on it I've had nothing but problem after problem (which is a shame because its my baby lol) as of recent I had an engine coil problem, as I was going to the store to buy a new coil it stopped shaking like crazy. But whenever I accelerate it seems to be jerking now no matter what gear its in. If I'm able to keep a steady speed it jerks a little. Anyone have any idea on what the problem is? Thank you

Did you fix the COP problem ??

Quick Reply: Engine troubles