Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Engine studder... PLEASE help

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine studder... PLEASE help

First off, I do apologize if this has been posted elsewhere but Ii did a search and could not find anything.... so here is my story.

Few months back I had my CEL come on and I went to autozone, they diagnosed the problem and I got a code of DP0405 I believe, or something about my EGR having low voltage. So I came to this site and after some research I replaced my DPFE sensor and the CEL is gone BUT now my engine is running rough at times. At Idle, As I accelerate, and it seems to be more troublesome when the AC is on. I pulled off my EGR valvue and cleaned it and I was able to actually suck on the little nipple and hear the diaphram moving. So I would assume that means it is good?? Would a bad EGR cause a rough engine? Again, I have no CEL so I am kind of lost. Any help would be fantastic.

2002 F150 4.6 are my specs btw.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:26 AM
2002 Expedition

I cant help you with the problem that your having, but I have a 2002 Expedition 4.6 and it is having the same problem. I have changed all the coil packs, spark plugs, cleaned the fuel injectors, changed the air filter and fuel filter, egr valve, egr control valve, and the circulation sensor. I dont know what else to do but mine stutters like when you accelerate or climb a hill. If its in overdrive just cruising along and you try to speed up a little without it shifting down it starts to stutter. I am just lost and dont know what else to do. Let me know if you have any suggestions. I do have a code on P0401 that will not go away.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:36 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

have any of you tried posting this problem under the main forum pages, might have better luck not all the members venture into other sections...
Old 10-11-2009, 11:04 PM

It sound like you guys are going in the right direction. I had that trouble with my 98 f150. the problem with mine was the plug wires. thats the boot which goes from the coil to the plug. to look at the boot it appears fine. You can replace all of them for about $11 each or hook it up to a machine and replace only the ones that need it.

Quick Reply: Engine studder... PLEASE help