Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

electrical problems with 2013 f150

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default electrical problems with 2013 f150

I had a viper remote start recently just taken out because I suspect it screwed with my electrical...every time u open the door the chime goes off without the key in the ignition is one of the problems..another thing is I get a low battery warning come on my 4.2 inch radio screen saying battery saving mode please Start inginition or shut off right when I turn off my truck and thirdly u press the lock button on the door and the door locks and unlocks right away.. I'm afraid Ford is going to void my warranty now that I had this remote start installed.. Any feedback will be appreciated what can be causing this.

Last edited by JOEYPRZ1978; 02-15-2015 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:27 AM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

I hate to say it but with that new of a truck, you should have never install an aftermarket security system, but you already know that. Yes your warranty will be void. You may be able to go to a dealer, tell them exactly what you did and then pay them to make the repairs to take it back to stock. This might be what you need to do to reinstate your warranty. Good luck
Old 02-18-2015, 10:37 AM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by JOEYPRZ1978
I had a viper remote start recently just taken out because I suspect it screwed with my electrical...every time u open the door the chime goes off without the key in the ignition is one of the problems..another thing is I get a low battery warning come on my 4.2 inch radio screen saying battery saving mode please Start inginition or shut off right when I turn off my truck and thirdly u press the lock button on the door and the door locks and unlocks right away.. I'm afraid Ford is going to void my warranty now that I had this remote start installed.. Any feedback will be appreciated what can be causing this.

Since you say you had it taken out, is the only issue you have now the screen warning? I ask because there is a TSB about it that has nothing to do with what you are talking about, if the charging system is functioning properly and the battery test good they can reprogram the BCM to get rid of the nag screen.

I would charge the battery to capacity then let it sit undisturbed for minimum of 8 hrs so the system can relearn the battery state of charge, just had to do it to my truck but just my luck the battery would not take a charge so I replaced it and let it sit over night, undisturbed, don't open a door, or hood, or even push a button on the keyless entry fob.

If that fails to rid you of the nag screen warning then take it in, the dealer has to prove what ever aftermarket item on it is a direct cause of the failure, Look up Magnuson/Moss warranty act and good luck.

Quick Reply: electrical problems with 2013 f150