Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

electric problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric problem

I have a 2013 F150 xlt 4x4 with the 5.0. I ve had the truck 2years now and have
26000 miles and some change on it. The past year it has been acting funny. Sometimes when i start it it sounds like the starter gets hung up. also the radio and gauges will not be lit up for awhile once i start it but there will be music. And the other day i turned the key and there was like a 5-7 second delay in starting. the other day i was on the interstate and cruise was set on about 76. it slowed to around 64 then it just took off. there are no codes no light on. I have no after market things other than flow master system, leveling kit and factory provided trailer brake harness hooked up. My dealership here sucks I've turned in vehicles before for problems and it usually a few trips before they can figure it. thinking about trading it in, any one else with weird stuff going on
Old 12-06-2014, 08:55 AM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

It sounds like you have either a computer issue or the key switch "Anti Theft" reader is going bad. Try using another key and see if that resolves the problems. You have the factory warranty still in effect so the dealer is really your only option unless you want to spend cash for an outside mechanic.
Depending on what state you live in there are "Lemon Laws" but you have to give the dealer usually 3 opportunities to make the repairs before you can start the process of a Ford "Buy Back". Try contacting Crystal, the Ford rep. on this forum. Good luck
The following users liked this post:
stumps357 (12-06-2014)

Quick Reply: electric problem