Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

E40D Transmision issues

Old 07-29-2015, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default E40D Transmision issues

1994 f-150.E40D Trans. 351motor.I hope someone can give me some advice.I made a mistake of trusting AAMCO with a transmision problem.I took it in for intermitant hard shirting issues.They said the tranny needed rebuilt.I stupidly said ok.After the rebuild it was still having the same issues.After 5 times taking it back they are now telling me the computer is the cause.They said they are having a hard time finding a replacement because of some kind of code not matching the original one.Has anybody ever heard of such a thing?I think it's B.S.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:22 PM

Received 268 Likes on 247 Posts

There are several different computers that went in your generation of F150... They're all dependent on different options. Fed emissions vs Cal emissions, E40D, AOD, or 5sp, etc and how they're all combined. Most aren't just sitting on a shelf anymore and even further, the company often wants you to send yours in and they'll rebuild it (if possible). Your truck is 20+ years old after all. So the fact they're having trouble locating one is likely true... The fact they overlooked it on an electronically controlled transmission before doing an R&R on your tranny is what is BS. If you want to look for your own ECM most part stores use the first 4 digits of the Part # and the last 2 to 3 digits of the part #. Ex - F1TF-TA or F1TF-XBA

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: E40D Transmision issues