Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Drivers side window not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 09:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers side window not working

I have a 2004 heritage, I had rolled down my window this morning before parking at the office. When I was headed home I could not get the window to go up (the passengers side works without a problem).

When I press the switch in the down position and listen, I can hear the relay clicking, however, when I press the switch in the up position I do not hear any clicking. I tried a new relay and it is still a no go.

The window is currently stuck down and I hope I get this fixed in the near future. Could this be a bad switch? Faulty wiring? or am I just having bad luck with relays?
Old 09-19-2013, 09:37 AM

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

Might be the master switch on the drivers side going out. Are you able to hear the clicking when trying to roll it up from the drivers side?
Old 09-19-2013, 09:57 AM

Received 180 Likes on 116 Posts

Broken wire in door boot?
Old 09-19-2013, 10:19 AM

It is the drivers side window. I do not hear it clicking when I try to roll it up, I guess I will start with the switch and boot wiring. Maybe I'll try cleaning the switch contacts.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:40 PM

Upon further review and careful listening I am leaning toward a motor issue. When I press the switch controls for both up and down I can hear the motor making a sound like it has power, but it is obviously not working.

Thoughts? or any idea on a better way to narrow it down.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:30 PM

Turned out to be the regulator, swapped it out now I have my window back; however when I hit the auto down It goes down all the way but 4 inches, is there an adjustment that I need to make somewhere?
Old 09-26-2013, 09:32 AM

Received 180 Likes on 116 Posts

Yeah you need to calibrate it. I think with the door closed, you run the window up, hold the switch for 2 more seconds. Run it down, hold the switch for 2 more seconds. Cycle the window a few more times like normal.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:29 PM

Default driver side window

Originally Posted by MREagle
Turned out to be the regulator, swapped it out now I have my window back; however when I hit the auto down It goes down all the way but 4 inches, is there an adjustment that I need to make somewhere?

where is the regulator located?
Old 03-07-2014, 11:37 PM

Drivers side door.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:16 PM

Default Drivers side window switch

Originally Posted by alsatropine
Might be the master switch on the drivers side going out. Are you able to hear the clicking when trying to roll it up from the drivers side?
I have a 2007 Lariat. Driver side window will go down all the time but the window switch has to be rocked to the side to get the window back up. Sometimes pressing "up" hard will help. If I play with it long enough, it will go back up. Its aggravating. Is this a bad switch? Or, does it need cleaning? I have not attempted to take the door panel off or the arm rest. Unsure of what to do. If the switch needs replacing do I have to replace the block of 4 or just the driver's switch? All the other door window switches work OK, as well as the 3 other switches on the driver's door that control the other 3 windows.

Last edited by Dudster; 09-08-2014 at 12:20 PM. Reason: More information

Quick Reply: Drivers side window not working