Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Drivers side 2016 f-150 mirror auto dim has double vision blurry

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers side 2016 f-150 mirror auto dim has double vision blurry

Had 2 drivers side auto dim mirrors replaced all blurry double vision, some worse than others. Dealer now says it is just a Characteristic of the mirror and will not even try to fix or acknowledge that it is a problem. Three dealers tell me they see it but after they contact fords they change their story. What is being swept under the rug here. I am stuck as I can't get out from under a new truck financially and I can't get it fixed thru warranty. At night on the highway, headlights are starlight effect and two sets of lights. The further away the worse the effects. Dealer will not change glass again as they say how can 2 mirrors both be bad. I am stuck and very frustrated to the point of making a police report about the issue. As I get a ticket I if my windshield is cracked but they can sell a truck with a mirror that doesn't work. Please I am new to the thread so if I am in the wrong area or something I apologize. Just hoping for anything about right now. I am done with ford
Old 01-09-2017, 03:57 PM

Received 216 Likes on 170 Posts

What mirrors do you have, can always go aftermarket.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wasn't hoping the mirrors are auto dim heated power mirrors. Standard not tow. Unsure how the wiring harness would work