Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Dealership forgot to put lugs back on and wheel fell off while driving down road

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 10:06 PM

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Default Dealership forgot to put lugs back on and wheel fell off while driving down road

Hello,

Yes I am seeking some advice on this. I visited my local ford dealership for normal maintenance oil change ect. After leaving the dealership I was driving down the road and my front left wheel came off. Lucky I was on a two lane Main Street I was going around 25-30 mph with minimum traffic that morning. The wheel came off bent the driver front fender in. The truck set down on the rotor and the lower ball joint. The dealership replaced the rotor dust shield and lower ball joint and took the truck to a local body shop and had the fender painted to match because the truck is white platinum. I also had a set of aftermarket wheels on the truck they replaced that one wheel and replaced the wheel studs and ordered new lugs just like I had. The parts they put back on we're ford parts new. The mileage at the time of this incident was 66000. Fast forward 2 months and 2000 miles later I heard a clicking noise from the left front and I noticed the axle boot had busted so I called the dealer they said bring back out and they would replace it at no charge. Fast forward another 2 months and 2000 miles later the same thing happened again so I took it back out there and replaced it took it to the body shop to see if anything could've been bent to cause the boot to bust again. Note they have fixed everything with new parts and I haven't had to pay a dime out of my pocket. Then the other day I noticed a squeak coming from the front driver side and took it out there again. They had a tech ride with me to try and confirm the squeak but it never did it while he was with me. So they kept the truck and tore into the front left again and found that the IWE was bad so they replaced that. They determined that part didn't fail because of the other issues I've been having so my extended warranty covered that. The dealer picked up the $100 deductible for that.

All in all I'm just looking for some advice about this. I think I'm handling it the best that I can but I also feel like I don't have anything reliable anymore. I went in and talked to one of the top salesman that my family deals with and he found a 2015 that was what I wanted, but he didn't give me a good deal on my truck to trade in on that one.

Just need some advice thanks guys
Old 02-03-2016, 01:05 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would wait it out some more.

I think you will find all the issues and once all fixed you won't have any more problems.

You can always get another truck later.

You are going to lose your shirt if you trade it in.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would see if it shows up on CarFax, because you would be financially harmed if it does.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:06 AM

Received 2,223 Likes on 1,699 Posts

I would hold off, if you are dead set try another dealer or sell out right. Personally, I would stay away from a 15 especially if it has a moonroof!
Old 02-03-2016, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@ digital trucker, what's wrong with 2015 and the moon roof?
Old 02-03-2016, 09:20 AM

Received 2,223 Likes on 1,699 Posts

Originally Posted by PegasusR7
@ digital trucker, what's wrong with 2015 and the moon roof?
Leaks, please search and see what some of those owners are saying.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:02 AM

Received 108 Likes on 86 Posts

Sounds like some pretty damn good customer service if you ask me. Especially them covering the deductible on the other repair. I would just continue life as you are unless you just really want a new truck. Sounds like everything has pretty much been replaced, I doubt you have any other issues.
The following 3 users liked this post by Blackpony:
130428 (02-03-2016), digitaltrucker (02-03-2016), snobdds (02-03-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 11:13 AM

Received 65 Likes on 38 Posts

yes, sounds like the dealer has owned up to the mistake and making it right with you. other than all the time spent at the dealership, they will eventually find the faulty part that is giving you grief and replace it with new. I'd keep the truck if you like it.
The following users liked this post:
digitaltrucker (02-03-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 11:21 AM
Some guy

Received 2,025 Likes on 1,286 Posts

I agree with the rest... I think the dealer understands what kind of hot water they could be in if you decided to sue, because that is an incredibly life-threatening mistake to have. So they're probably exercising some self-protection as well as just being overall good folks. I'd keep the truck and just get it fixed up again unless you just want a new truck anyway.
The following users liked this post:
digitaltrucker (02-03-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 12:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That Sux... Hopefully it will not show up on CarFax, I hope all works out.

Quick Reply: Dealership forgot to put lugs back on and wheel fell off while driving down road