Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cruise control

I just got a 2001 F150. The cruise control does not work. The digital odometer works for a while then turns off. If you smack the dashboard it will turn on. Is this a common problem with f150? And could the cruise control not work because of the odometer.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:59 AM

my 97 does the same thing. I replaced the fuse and it worked for awhile, then quit but the fuse is fine.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take it to the dealer for the cruise the deactivation switch on the master cylinder has a recall it starts leaking fluid and can cause a fire
Old 11-02-2011, 02:22 PM

I recently got a 2004 F-150 Heritage 4X4 and love it, however the cruise on it doesn't work. My dealer checked and it does not show a deactivation switch recall for mine, either not for my particular truck or allready done. I ran down the fuse #15 and it was blown, a 10 amp was in it. Cruise worked a couple days them quit again, this time I read farther and it should have only been a 2 amp fuse. Replaced with proper size and it blew immediatley. I haven't asked my dealer about the cruise after the initial contact.
Dealer did find mine is on a recall notice for gas tank straps and will call when the parts come in. I will have them check out cruise while it is in for the straps. Jim.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would still check the switch the recall is for a fused jumper harness that you install or a new switch if it's leaking because it could cause a fire due to the fuse amperage from the factory if yours in not recalled the truck may be designed to have a smaller fuse, so it could still be causing the fuse to blow
Old 11-03-2011, 05:30 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

The intermittent "digital" speedo is cause by faulty solder joints at the cluster. Use the search button, guys were doing this about three years ago. So its an old thread with photos.

Another member just recently flamed my butt about this subject because his truck had a mechanical speedo, so again if you have a "digital" speedo being intermittent, check out the thread.

Quick Reply: cruise control