Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

cranks but wont always start in humid or hot weather

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question cranks but wont always start in humid or hot weather

I have a tempermental 2000 f150 that will not always start when the weather is warm and/or humid... I have NO problems in the winter, but as soon as Spring hits, this cycle starts over: I'll jump in my truck and attempt to start multiple times... it'll turn over-and-over each time, but not fire-up. Then, for no rhyme or reason, it'll finally start up.

I'm hoping someone else might give me input as to where I should go from here - suggestions on where to start looking. Again, it doesn't happen in the winter... just when it's warm/hot, moist/wet outside...

Thanks for your help, in advance!
Old 06-26-2009, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by speedbump
I have a tempermental 2000 f150 that will not always start when the weather is warm and/or humid... I have NO problems in the winter, but as soon as Spring hits, this cycle starts over: I'll jump in my truck and attempt to start multiple times... it'll turn over-and-over each time, but not fire-up. Then, for no rhyme or reason, it'll finally start up.

I'm hoping someone else might give me input as to where I should go from here - suggestions on where to start looking. Again, it doesn't happen in the winter... just when it's warm/hot, moist/wet outside...

Had a Chevy Geo that ran like a top in the winter but had a hard time starting when humid or damp and when it did start it idled rough as hell for about 10-15 minutes. The answer was a cracked vacuum hose.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by speedbump

Had the same problem and it turned out to be a bad fuel pump. Did it for 3 years before I found out the problem.

Quick Reply: cranks but wont always start in humid or hot weather