Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

coolant leak

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default coolant leak

I have a 2001 f150 5.4 and it is leaking coolant bad. There is a hose running out if the fire wall and into the engine block... right at the engine block is some kind of manifold that comes apart I can't get it out but I'm thinkin it has a gasket inside that may have gone bad... Anyone have any idea what this piece is called? I've check all parts stores and they don't know what it is and I can't drive the truck there to show them
Old 01-28-2015, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=pbristow28;3950128]I have a 2001 f150 5.4 and it is leaking coolant bad. There is a hose running out if the fire wall and into the engine block... right at the engine block is some kind of manifold that comes apart I can't get it out but I'm thinkin it has a gasket inside that may have gone bad... Anyone have any idea what this piece is called? I've check all parts stores and they don't know what it is and I can't drive the truck there to show them. Also I was told it could be the thermostat housing but that's not it. The thermostat housing is connected to the same manifold piece that is leaking but it's on the other side of the manifold
Old 02-02-2015, 03:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default upper manifold

[QUOTE=pbristow28;3950145]
Originally Posted by pbristow28
I have a 2001 f150 5.4 and it is leaking coolant bad. There is a hose running out if the fire wall and into the engine block... right at the engine block is some kind of manifold that comes apart I can't get it out but I'm thinkin it has a gasket inside that may have gone bad... Anyone have any idea what this piece is called? I've check all parts stores and they don't know what it is and I can't drive the truck there to show them. Also I was told it could be the thermostat housing but that's not it. The thermostat housing is connected to the same manifold piece that is leaking but it's on the other side of the manifold
My guess is the gasket or the plastic manifold is cracked.

Quick Reply: coolant leak