Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Connected Trailer Now 20 codes appear!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 01:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Connected Trailer Now 20 codes appear!!!

Over the weekend my dad went on a Bike Run in Austin and decided to connect a trailer to my truck to pull his tent supplies. Unfortunately, the trailer lights did not respond and as he turned the truck on the O/D light started flashing, the air condition blows hot air, the transmission doesn't up shift, and my local mechanic just found 20 failed codes!!!!! Is this a PCM problem? By the way, my truck is a 2004 F-150 stx with 30k miles on it and before this incident my truck had NO PROBLEMS. I would greatly appreciate any feedback. thank you.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:23 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Bet your dad feels like pig ***t. If the trailer caused the issue, sure would like to know what was wrong with that? Keep us posted as to both problems.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Jersey

Did he happen to run the battery down and have it jumped?
Old 07-02-2009, 10:07 PM

hey jerseyl the answer to that question is "no". The battery did not run out of juice at all.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Jersey

Just thinking out loud. I've heard of computer issues after an innocent jump start goes wrong by accidentally contacting cables together or backwards hook-up. Did you ever get your ride straightened out?
Old 07-03-2009, 01:31 AM

hey jersey thanks for asking....well i bought a new pcm, programmed the bitch , and the truck won't start now ( it used to before) so i think i activated the anti theft. I'm going to take it to a mechanic that will "unlock" it and well wish me luck i've been truckless for 3 weeks now god i feel like my sac has disappeared...

Quick Reply: Connected Trailer Now 20 codes appear!!!