Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Clutch slips when my truck warms up

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Clutch slips when my truck warms up

Hello to all...
I'm having a problem with my 94. The clutch/transmission slips when the truck warms up. Say after 15 minutes or so of driving. When cold the clutch engages when let almost all the way out. Once it warms up it engages just as I'm taking my foot off the pedal. Almost like it can't totally engage therefore causing it to slip if I hit the accelorator. I just had the original clutch replace after 110K. It was acting this way before the replacement as well. Any Ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks!!
Old 07-14-2008, 11:47 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Am not sure if you are a hydraulic or linkage clutch, either way I think you are toast. After replacing the clutch again, make sure there is a half on an inch of free play in the pedal. This is for linkage type, hydraulic feels less, improper free play kills clutches. Check with a Haynes or Chiltons manual.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch slips

i have a 91 f-250 disel with the same problem. just put in a new clutch, presure plate, and bearing. still slips. i'm getting ready to pull it again to see what i can find. when i do i will post on here. please do the same if you find the problem. thanks, david

Quick Reply: Clutch slips when my truck warms up