Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

clutch disk thickness

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch disk thickness

i just put in a new clutch kit on a 91 f-250 because of slippige. it is still slipping. i got it from napa. it is an 11 inch disk. can anyone tell me what the thickness is or should be on a ford brand disk. this one is like everything else and was made in china. i think they made an erra when changing from inch to metric. it didn't seem to be any thicker than the old one, but at the time i didn't think much about it. dumb me! thanks, david
Old 07-16-2008, 03:36 AM

when you pulled off the old clutch plate was there any engine oil on an older truck might be leaking oil from the rear main or just bad valve covers. another question is did you just replace the clutch plate or get a master kit replacing every thing including the throw out bearing?
Old 07-16-2008, 10:33 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Don't have the dimension you are asking for, are you sure the clutch is engaging fully? Not being held in a partial disengage position. When you start to engage the clutch how far up off the floor has the pedal mooved? If by chance it engages real high than its most likely not engaged fully and the TO brg is still pressing on the pressure plate fingers.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:04 PM

there was NO OIL on the old clutch or the flywheel and yes i put in a clutch set (disk, press plate, and release bearing). as for the pedle travel it engauges abou 1/2 inch off the floor and doesn"t slip starting off but on hiway with light load. david

Quick Reply: clutch disk thickness