Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Can you Diagnose this Problem?

Old 05-05-2015, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can you Diagnose this Problem?

I have a 2011 F150 4x4 with ecoboost. I have 75k miles on it. Recently I have developed a problem. When the accelerator is floored the truck surges forward as expected but after about two seconds it starts cutting out and surging/jumping badly. The truck only does this when the accelerator is floored all the way; it does not do anyhing if it is just driven normally.

It feels like it is not getting gas when floored. Is this a fuel system issues or does it have something to do with the turbos?

I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 05-05-2015, 03:36 PM

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,672 Posts

No ones going to be able to help you over the web, these trucks are completely dependent on the computers that run them and that requires specialized diagnostic equipment.

Dealer should be your next move, or someone that has the skills and equipment for proper diagnosis, otherwise you could wind up spending thousands $$$$$ on it and never fix it.
Old 05-05-2015, 04:04 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by slidellkid
I have a 2011 F150 4x4 with ecoboost. I have 75k miles on it. Recently I have developed a problem. When the accelerator is floored the truck surges forward as expected but after about two seconds it starts cutting out and surging/jumping badly. The truck only does this when the accelerator is floored all the way; it does not do anyhing if it is just driven normally.

It feels like it is not getting gas when floored. Is this a fuel system issues or does it have something to do with the turbos?

I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks,
Dan
Original plugs? Way overdue to change them, regardless. Easy to do and cheap.

And you need to get all the DTC's pulled - pending or otherwise.
Old 05-05-2015, 04:22 PM

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,672 Posts

And then there are the ones like above that want you to just throw money at it with no hope of fixing it.

FYI:

You will find this information in your owners manual.

Your plugs should be good for quite a while, have the system scanned by a factory trained tech to eliminate wasted $$$$.
Old 05-05-2015, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can you Diagnose this Problem?