Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

bucks , backfires and sputters

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bucks , backfires and sputters

I started doing some mod's to my truck about 6 mounths ago and once you start it is hard to stop i started with my banks cold air intake then the exhaust and the edge programer. I had no problems it ran great. Then I did a tune up on it new plugs new boots new o2 sensor cleaned the maf sensor. Man it ran even better except for a little clatter at wot(not enough octain)the last mod I did has a bigger throttle body that added alot more off the line power then about 3 week after that I starter to get lean codes p0174 and p0175 and a p0113 high air imput code .The truck was still clattering a little but still ran great so I put a little octane booster in the tank to sooth the beast about 20 min down the road he stated backfireing ,sputtering and bucking my immediate reaction was bad octain booster so I ran the tank out change the fuel filter and disconnected the programer and the battery put gas back in it and use lucus fuel treatment just in case connected the battery back and staterd it, but it still did all of the above I stated reading about ford's fuel managment system
and then I was really confused. I have sence sprayed the entire engine down with soapy water looking for a vacuum leak can't find one, taken off the maf sensor replaced it. That did't help I was able to return it though I did pull the power brake booster vacuum line off and drop some seefoam in it that seemed to help a little but now I think the problem lies in the tunning I need to see if I can get a little feedback thanks
Old 11-26-2007, 11:47 PM

Default ?

what does sea foam in the brake booster vacume line do?
Old 11-26-2007, 11:51 PM

pumps threw the edmissions vacuum system cleaning out excess carbon

Last edited by Biggie04150; 11-28-2007 at 09:19 PM.

Quick Reply: bucks , backfires and sputters