Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Broke 5.4

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broke 5.4

Well I'm back to work on my 08 F150 5.4 after a great vacation. I have decided to replace my heads with a set of rebuilts and I'm having a hard time trying to decipher the ford manuals as to where the crank needs to be positioned to install them and all new timing parts. When I took it all apart, starting at TDC #1, the manual had me remove 3 specific roller followers on each head and then rotate the crank clockwise to the 6 o'clock position then remove chains etc. Do I need to remove the same 3 roller followers on each new head and then install working in reverse order? Or do I just go TDC #1 and leave all roller followers in place install them then the timing parts? Don't want to lunch my motor! I did not buy the special crank hand tool to align with, as you are looking at engine, the left side timing cover pin as is instructed in the manual. Not sure where this puts the key on the crank straight up 11 o'clock, 1 o'clock....... Help.....

Quick Reply: Broke 5.4