Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Breaks brain buster 2012 Scab please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 12:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Breaks brain buster 2012 Scab please help

Ok first off Im new to the group but have read plenty of poats from this site and actually is the reason I decided to buy my 2012 XLT 4X4. Anyway 45K and no issues until July 4th. Weekend. I have been living in PA and its rough on the breaks so I redid my pads and rotors. Same way I have done it many times before on other vehicles with no issues only this time while driving back to PA from MI there was a shale that was quite bad between 55-65. 60-65 was the real sweet spot and it was worse making a left turn on freeway. Eventually I diagnosed it to the breaks and decided to replace the same pads/rotors. The outside pads were worn on the driverside on an radius angle where the back edge was worn almost all the way down and the front edge was worn but not as bad. Passenger side was similard but not nearly as bad. First thing i checked was the slide pins hanging up. Both sides were loose lubed and sliding freely so i added some extra lube and moved on to the calier pistons but didnt notice any problems with them. My confusion is how it would ware that way and not top or bottom angle with one piston working and one not ? But it gets better.... I replace the whole set both sides and lube everything up pad clips included. Now the problem seams to have moved to the passenger side and the outside pad is only wearing on the very outside edge of the rotor. The shake was gone until a normal breaking on the freeway to change ramps and then the shake. Also i will mention extreme head on the passenger side wheele from the apparent hanging up. Driver side is no longer hot. I now suspect the caliper itself but for the life of me cant figure out why it would move from one side to the other. Also why its wearing on a front/back angle not top/bottom. Please any help you would really save my sanity. Thanks guys

Rob

Quick Reply: Breaks brain buster 2012 Scab please help