Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Brakes, Shocks, and Tires...

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 08:18 PM

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Brakes, Shocks, and Tires...

Rotors and Brakes...2010 F-150 XLT SCREW...2 WD with 107,500 miles.
Going to do brakes and wondering if you guys would recommend turning the rotors or replacing them???

Also, gonna do shocks. Didn't really realize how my ride was until I rode in a newer truck and could feel a big difference in the ride and feel. is it necessary to spend premium money for shocks or can I get something a little less expensive?

Then gonna do tires. Mostly highway travel so gonna go with a Cooper tire that is good for rain and smooth ride.

Also, asking because I really do not know...Do these trucks require Front End Aligment? Bought truck brand new 6 years ago and have the services done methodically but they have never mentioned anything about an alignment.

Thanks for your sharing...
Old 07-14-2016, 10:11 PM
Cycle For Fun and Health

Received 495 Likes on 384 Posts

Rotors - turn or replace if they are grooved or if the brake pedal pulses during braking.

Shocks - You got your moneys worth. Take a look on Amazon for some Monroes. Buy the upgraded heavy duties - not the basic OEM replacements. They will ride better and last longer. Prices are reasonable.

Tires - Ask some friends about where they have had good luck. Costco, Sam's and many other stores have good prices and can advise as to what tire will suit your need best.

Alignment - after replacing shocks - absolutely get it done. The ride height will change enough to where the alignment will be out of spec. Get it done to protect the new tires.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:21 PM

Received 61 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Surfmonkey
Rotors and Brakes...2010 F-150 XLT SCREW...2 WD with 107,500 miles.
Going to do brakes and wondering if you guys would recommend turning the rotors or replacing them???

Also, gonna do shocks. Didn't really realize how my ride was until I rode in a newer truck and could feel a big difference in the ride and feel. is it necessary to spend premium money for shocks or can I get something a little less expensive?

Then gonna do tires. Mostly highway travel so gonna go with a Cooper tire that is good for rain and smooth ride.

Also, asking because I really do not know...Do these trucks require Front End Aligment? Bought truck brand new 6 years ago and have the services done methodically but they have never mentioned anything about an alignment.

Thanks for your sharing...

ALWAYS get a alignment done when you replace 4 tires/suspension components

you can most likely turn the rotors.. the shop should be able to tell you if they're within spec.. you can normally turn a rotor 1-2 times.. depending how much they take off

at 107k sure you can use some new shocks.. if you have the extra dough.. i'd say go for it. .but as far as "needing" them no most likely not if they dont show signs of leaking
Old 07-16-2016, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grss429
ALWAYS get a alignment done when you replace 4 tires/suspension components

you can most likely turn the rotors.. the shop should be able to tell you if they're within spec.. you can normally turn a rotor 1-2 times.. depending how much they take off

at 107k sure you can use some new shocks.. if you have the extra dough.. i'd say go for it. .but as far as "needing" them no most likely not if they dont show signs of leaking
107k ??? included shipping?

Quick Reply: Brakes, Shocks, and Tires...