Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Both HIDs not working!! Its dark out and I can't see....

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 11:05 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Both HIDs not working!! Its dark out and I can't see....

Long story: Had a set of stock converted HID bulbs/ballasts installed, got tired of blinding people. bought a retrofit. Installed retrofit with H1 bulbs running off original HID ballast and wiring harness. Finally got time to install Morimoto's H13/9008 harness so I could supply the projectors and have highbeams. Then my retrofits fogged and one had standing water in it, removed retrofits, re-installed original OEM housing with original HIDs. Resealed my Retrofits, and yesterday I reinstalled them. Hooked all the wiring up, and at first all I had was Highbeams. Then I messed around with wiring looking for a loose plug and when I fired the truck back up I had neither high nor low beams. Its 8 degrees out and I'm tired of messing with it. I replugged in my original HID bulbs to see if maybe the bulbs were blown, but nope, nothing on those either. I replaced the inline fuse on the morimoto wiring harness and still nothing.

I'm at a loss, HELP!!
Old 02-14-2014, 03:46 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks everyone for your input! Turns out the morimoto harness where it plugs into the stock harness had a couple plugs pulled out and pushed back in, in the wrong spots... No clue what dumba** did that

Quick Reply: Both HIDs not working!! Its dark out and I can't see....