Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Blown Spark plug

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blown Spark plug

I Have a Sav-A-Thred HT Helicoil kit and need some advice. My current plan is to Apply never sieze to the tap to "contain" the alum chips, clean often & re-apply, in an attempt to prevent them from getting into the cylinder. during and after I'm complete I have a "tube" attached to a shop vac and will run it around in the cylinder. I thouhght about possibly leaving the plug out after all the above and turning over the engine a few times to "Blow it Out". Any advice?
Old 03-29-2009, 03:44 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

To bad others haven't chimed in, your question has been on my mind also. Would like to believe your technique is a good one. I was wondering if the piston couldn't be put near TDC of exhaust stroke and use compressed air to expell any debris out through the exhaust valve. Either way its to bad a Bore-a-scope isn't available for a good look see.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:07 PM
Amatuer Lumberjack

When I had a sparkplug blow out on my truck, we tapped the hole and then started the engine for a second or 2 in order to blow the chips out of the cylinder.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:01 PM

Careful though cause you might end up damaging one of your valves i think a good vac then a through inspection could do you well

Quick Reply: Blown Spark plug