Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Blower motor smokes (not working)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower motor smokes (not working)

I have an 03 F150, It sat idle in the driveway for about 8wks. Before I parked it the heater motor was acting up only working on high then not at all, then back to only on high.
Since I need the truck to pull the boat up north next weekend I went out and replaced the blower resistor thinking that was the problem.
The blower didn't run with the new resistor and the motor started to smoke.
I've disconnected it but I keep looking for some procedure to trouble shoot the motor and a step by step to replace it and can't find any thing.
Seems utube has videos on everything but.
I am hoping someone here can lead me to a replacement procedure as I think that's what I'll eventually be doing.
If someone could lead me to a video or step by step I would sure appreciate the help.

Thanks In Advance

Yoddy
Old 08-10-2014, 09:17 AM
'97 F150 V8 4.6L

Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

I replaced mine a while back. It isn't hard to do but it is buried way back under the dash passenger side. You can see the bolts and what to get at, there weren't but three or four as I remember.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I did change it out with one from a wrecking yard. The motor now works but the new resistor I tried may had fried by putting it against a motor that wouldn't spin because I am back to only working on high speed. I wasn't aware the motor was tight because it was working when it was parked.
I'm going to see if they will take it back tomorrow.
Hopefully they will and it will finally be fixed.
Thanks
Yoddy

Quick Reply: Blower motor smokes (not working)