Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Maintenance Shop
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Garage Photos FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read StoreVendor Directory

Welcome to F150 Forum!
Welcome to F150 Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 12-15-2012, 11:25 PM   #1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Blinking theft light with ignition off

2003 F150 Lariat

I apologize for another PATS thread but I haven't seen this particular scenario on the other forums.
Symptom: Intermittent will not start. Cranks but no fuel (No gas smell out of the pipe). As far as PATS goes the theft light goes out after the initial turn on sequence. Never blinks with the ignition in the "on" position even after a failed start. Theft light will blink when the the key is in the off position though but very dimly about once every sec. Theft light will stop after I lock the truck with the remote. Theft light will resume blinking after unlocking with the remote. Sometimes starts sometimes not.

The dimly blinking might be key here. I have pulled the PCM diode and fuse and have seen what a theft light should look like. This is not my blinking condition. Half as bright blinking is occurring, kind of like passing a hot wire over a light bulb lead for a sec thing. Just enough to light it...
Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:39 PM   #2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Unhook your battery for about two min it has a theft code locked in and that is the only way to clear it. I had the same issue on my 01 super crew and it would crank but not turn over I called a friend who worked at a ford dealership and that is what I was told and it worked have only had it happen one other time. Your theft light should not blink unless the alarm is armed hope this helps
Jpalm35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:29 AM   #3
tko

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto View Post
2003 F150 Lariat

I apologize for another PATS thread but I haven't seen this particular scenario on the other forums.
Symptom: Intermittent will not start. Cranks but no fuel (No gas smell out of the pipe). As far as PATS goes the theft light goes out after the initial turn on sequence. Never blinks with the ignition in the "on" position even after a failed start. Theft light will blink when the the key is in the off position though but very dimly about once every sec. Theft light will stop after I lock the truck with the remote. Theft light will resume blinking after unlocking with the remote. Sometimes starts sometimes not.

The dimly blinking might be key here. I have pulled the PCM diode and fuse and have seen what a theft light should look like. This is not my blinking condition. Half as bright blinking is occurring, kind of like passing a hot wire over a light bulb lead for a sec thing. Just enough to light it...

Check to see if your emergency gas shut off needs resetting, lower right passenger side fuse panel, check your manual for proper location, then do a reset. Hope this helped?
tko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:29 AM