Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Bent frame

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bent frame

Ok so i have a 99 f150 that i bought a couple years ago for 2 grand with a bent frame. It was fixed to be drivable by the guy i got it from with some not so great work. I recently lost control of my truck at high speeds and the back part of my frame under the bed is almost straight now. The problem is I'm greedy so now i want the front passenger wheel straighter It is pushed back about an inch and a half. If you guys need them i will post pictures when i get a chance in a couple hours. Could you tell me what a general cost would be to get this done, and maybe recommend a place near oceanside ca? Thanks guys
Old 04-12-2014, 10:14 AM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

Without seeing the frame and the A-arms it's hard to guess at a cost. I would suspect it's the A-arms which could be purchased at a wrecking yard to save you some money. There is Gene's automotive near Kramer and the 91 freeway (Orange County) that will give you a real cost for the repairs.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the reply. It is the frame. The guy i bought it from hit a pole on that side and pushed the wheel back and bent the frame. Im thinking since the truck was only two grand, its probably not even cost effective to have it straightened. What do you think?
Old 04-13-2014, 04:36 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Any reputable body shop with a frame machine and an alignment tech can do the job at a minimal cost (compared to complete frame replacement)

Ask local, friends, family, etc.... BBB once you find a place, google.com works as well.

Quick Reply: Bent frame