Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Basic exhaust o2 sensor question?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 10:31 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Basic exhaust o2 sensor question?

So I am getting ready to do a full exhaust swap. From the engine to the tips. My question is I have an '05 fx4 with 110k I just did a tune up with new plugs, filters etc.. My question is should I while I'm doing the exhaust should go ahead and swap out all of my o2 sensors as well. I am NOT throwing any codes at this time but ill have to pull the any ways should I just go ahead and pay for the me plugs and start fresh. Also what brand should I go with? I read a lot about the aftermarket sensors being junk just looking for some input.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:32 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Why not. New with new. They could die soon anyways
Old 04-29-2013, 10:57 AM

That was my thought too. Although I have had mixed reviews about "dumping extra money". The way I figure it is if it's over 100k it's not a waste. It's preventative maintenance.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:19 PM

Very true. I don't see anything that affects my fuel economy as a waste of money.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:48 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by Elky_man
That was my thought too. Although I have had mixed reviews about "dumping extra money". The way I figure it is if it's over 100k it's not a waste. It's preventative maintenance.

Your counting on actually getting those sensors (out) of the original pipes. IF you are able to without galled threads reuse them by all means.

If your just putting together a budget for the project, it would be wise to count them into it. Bosch is who makes Fords o2 sensors, or they used to.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp

Your counting on actually getting those sensors (out) of the original pipes. IF you are able to without galled threads reuse them by all means.

If your just putting together a budget for the project, it would be wise to count them into it. Bosch is who makes Fords o2 sensors, or they used to.

I usually have no problems using Bosch products but I was told that the Bosch sensors for ford are after market and not OEM autolite? I believe is what I was told were the OEM on for O2's anybody out there have a ford part number for the original sensors? or know what is the best sensor for a 2005 fx4 5.4l???

Thanks again guys for all opinions and suggestions.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:56 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by Elky_man
I usually have no problems using Bosch products but I was told that the Bosch sensors for ford are after market and not OEM autolite? I believe is what I was told were the OEM on for O2's anybody out there have a ford part number for the original sensors? or know what is the best sensor for a 2005 fx4 5.4l???

Thanks again guys for all opinions and suggestions.
Autolite is anything BUT oem.

You would be surprised how much of our Fords are NOT Ford, the list is endless.

Bosch is what they come with, they will have a Motorcraft part number in the catalogue but you read the engraving on the sensor itself it says
Bosch.

The Motorcraft part # is 9F472 DY-835

Make sure you look at the body of the sensor before you install it, then go slap the snot out of the idiot that told you Autolite is oem.

Last edited by RLXXI; 04-29-2013 at 07:06 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:53 PM

Agreed lol!

Quick Reply: Basic exhaust o2 sensor question?