Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Banging noise when turning

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 10:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Banging noise when turning

Hello all,

I've noticed recently when I cut my wheel hard turning and driving a little fast then idle (parking lots) I hear a loud banging noise??? Is this a normal thing?
2014 Fx4 2"level installed factory 20"wheels and tires.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:30 AM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

Have you checked to see if the tire is rubbing the inner fender wheel well? Depending on whether these wheels and tires are off you year of truck they could be rubbing. The other possibility is you have a CV joint failing. I'd take it to a dealer since it's still under warranty, and at least get it documented so if it fails later it will be covered.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:36 AM

Thanks, shouldn't be rubbing with factory tires I wouldn't think.. also failed to mention it has a 2"leveling kit installed on it.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check your coil springs. Sometimes they break. Take the front tires off and look them over. I had a busted passenger side spring, second coil up from the bottom. It would sometimes pop while turning like you mentioned. Picked up two new spring/strut assemblies from rockauto.com a few weeks ago. Easy to change out. I'd say yours would be covered under warranty, but the installation of the leveling kit may have voided that. I don't know.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by 5190
Check your coil springs. Sometimes they break. Take the front tires off and look them over. I had a busted passenger side spring, second coil up from the bottom. It would sometimes pop while turning like you mentioned. Picked up two new spring/strut assemblies from rockauto.com a few weeks ago. Easy to change out. I'd say yours would be covered under warranty, but the installation of the leveling kit may have voided that. I don't know.
Sounds good thanks

Quick Reply: Banging noise when turning