Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Bad steering column?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad steering column?

Hi everyone!

I have a 2001 f150 7700. There are a number of issues with her, but all related to the steering column.

1. I often have a lot of trouble shifting out of park, but once i get out (could take 10mins or longer) everything else shifts fine. This problem arose only after the truck reached ~300, 000 and slowly has gotten worse to the point where I dont drive the truck. I have checked the fuses and the little sensor on top of the brake. Also the brake lights DO engange when I press them.

2. the cruize control does not work or even register when i try ro engange it, (has never worked). I have checked the fuses.

3. the horn does not work( it never has worked either) I replaced the horn with a different horn thinking it was beoken, using the exact same wires and still nothing. i wired the horn separately to a power source to confirm that it worked ( which it did). I have checked the fuses.

So my question is: would all these signs Indicate that i should just replacd the entire steering column?

Quick Reply: Bad steering column?