Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Bad service writers

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad service writers

After owning my 2016 truck for 8 months and 12,000 miles, l'm starting to have "buyers regret". Probably the most frustrating issues is with dealer service. Specifically with the service writers. After traveling around the country for the last few months it's become clear that there are a lot of service writers out there that don't know what they are talking about. They just don't know their product. I've heard so many absolutely false statements about how things are suppose to work that I've given up. Today's dumb answer from a service writer regarding a possible cross traffic warning issue was "You don't have cross traffic alert on your truck, just blind spot warning." Wrong! When I asked why only the inner rear parking sensors emit a noise and not the outer rear corner sensors don't, he simply said "I don't know, no codes". Maybe they're not suppose to emit any noise, but don't blow me off with the (never ending) "no codes" answer. Come on Ford, your reputation is based on the quality of your product AND your customers experience with your independent dealers. A service writer is your interface between your customer and your Ford Dealer. If they know less about the product than the customer it starts to effect the customers confidence in the product and the manufacturer. And finally, when a dealer tells me that they agree my engine doesn't run smooth but there are no codes so there's nothing they can do, don't expect me to recommend your product to anybody else.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:16 PM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

This now the RANT forum?

Quick Reply: Bad service writers