Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

Automatic trans acting extremely weird...PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Automatic trans acting extremely weird...PLEASE HELP

Details:

91 F-150
E4OD transmission
5.0/302 engine

Okay...the transmission acts extremely weird. When going up a slight hill or when I need that extra power it will kick down normally, but as I get up to my desired speed and I slightly let off the throttle so it will shift back up the transmission shifts up, but then instantly kicks down and the rpms go back up. Yes, this is happening when I start to let off of the throttle. It's like it's confused and slipping. However, when I start to let off the throttle the the way it kicks down or down shifts is just a slight down shift. It's very strange and only happens when I need that extra power and then I let off the throttle. Other than this, the transmission operates as it should. Yes, I have replaced the fluid and filter and the fluid is at the proper level.

Any help would e greatly appreciated. I have exhausted all my energy researching why it could be doing this. I spoke to a garage I really trust and they recommended a rebuild/new trans. I know automatic transmissions are complicated, but if anybody has some input it would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Automatic trans acting extremely weird...PLEASE HELP