Topic Sponsor
Maintenance Shop Keep your Ford F150 truck running strong. Discuss all things maintenance here.

antfreeze leak top of engine!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 01:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation antfreeze leak top of engine!!

ok so today i found out that my truck is seeping antifreeze out of the engine arround my gasket. i need help to know what part this is so i can fix it! it is badly bubling out underneeth that rather large metal thing with the clamp on it it also has abolt on it and is beside the altenator. Help please !!! i am a diesel tech aprentice so i should be able to do this fix my self but all help is apreciated!!
Attached Thumbnails antfreeze leak top of engine!!-dscf1036.jpg   antfreeze leak top of engine!!-dscf1037.jpg   antfreeze leak top of engine!!-dscf1034.jpg   antfreeze leak top of engine!!-dscf1041.jpg  
Old 09-02-2012, 12:47 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

looks like the coolant outlet? what year truck and motor do you have. just pull it loose and see if it has a gasket or an oring. or does it look like one piece that bends back under that alternator to the thermostat like the coolant crossover on a 5.4
Old 09-05-2012, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like intake manifold..is ur motor a 5.4if so i just replaced mine 3 weeks ago.and it is plastic.

Quick Reply: antfreeze leak top of engine!!